Financial Help with MSP payments

If your income is low, you may be able to get financial help with your monthly MSP payments (premiums).  This is called Premium Assistance. You may pay less, or get free MSP.  You can only get help with these payments if you are a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident for at least 12 months. If you only have short-term financial difficulties you can apply for temporary premium assistance. If you are having more general difficulty paying for MSP, you can ask for regular premium assistance. If you want to apply, you will need to contact Health Insurance BC (HIBC).

For information, and to apply for assistance online click the link:  MSP Premiums

For information about Premium Assistance eligibility, rates and how to apply, you can contact HIBC by phone:

In Vancouver: 604 683-7151
Toll free: 1 800 663 7100