Squamish Newcomer Services
Squamish Newcomer Services is located at the Squamish Welcome Centre. Newcomer Services provides confidential services to you that are professional and friendly. Services are available in English, Spanish, Arabic, and Punjabi. As needed, they can connect you to settlement services in other languages too.
Please call or email to book an appointment:
Newcomer Services offers:
- Assistance with Canadian social safety net: for example, help applying for social insurance and unemployment insurance, and information about income tax;
- English learning opportunities;
- Cross cultural counseling;
- Preparing for citizenship testing;
- Referrals to community resources;
- Help registering students at school;
- Help navigating the health care system (BC Service card applications, registration for Medical Services Plan MSP);
- Opportunities to connect to community – and more!