Current Job opening!
2019 Summer Job @the Hotspot Community Resource Centre
Hotspot Technical Resource Worker
**** In order to qualify for this position, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age
This position is for 560 hours and pays $18/hour. Start date is May 13, 2019 – end date is August 31, 2019.
The position reports to the Hotspot Coordinator and is guided by volunteer mentors from our board and project staff. All summer jobs involve additional responsibilities that vary based on what projects we are involved with and the specific needs of the Hotspot at the time.
- Work on social media support and website redesign,
- Assist in developing & delivering workshops on a variety of technology topics
- Carry out the regular operational duties of the Hotspot including customer service, public access lab support, community resource & referral, internal administration, maintenance, and housekeeping
- Provide other services to the public including computer tutoring
- Support Operation of our Reuse IT Computer recycling program;
- Strong computer, web design and social media literacy skills
- Ability to share what you know with a variety of learners necessary
- Ability to work independently and work under the pressure of time constraints
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Teamwork, co-operating and collaboration skills
Flexibility in working hours is essential in this position, as some of the work (meetings, events) will take place in the evening or weekends.
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13, 2019, at 5 PM.