Migrant Worker Outreach Worker – Squamish Welcome Centre
Start Date – February 1st, 2023
The Migrant Worker Outreach Worker (MiWOW) is part of the Squamish Welcome Centre team and works on the project Direct Outreach and Support – Migrant Workers in Squamish. The MiWOW will focus on supporting Temporary Foreign Workers/Migrant Workers in Squamish through 1:1 appointments, community outreach, and small-scale events. Working alongside the Coordinator, the MiWOW will also help conduct research to gain a better understanding of the local migrant worker community’s demographics, employment sectors, and needs. We at the Squamish Welcome Centre are really looking forward to growing our team!
Hours and Terms of Work
● 30 hours per week @ $26/hour from start until March 31st, 2023;
● 24 hours per week @ $28/hour from March 31st, 2023 through March 31st, 2024;
● Must work either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday;
● 4% added to pay in lieu of vacation time; and
● 5 sick days a year at 8 hours per sick day.
Want to learn more? Check out the job description here!
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com as soon as possible. Job starts ASAP, position open until filled.