Our Goals & Objectives
- Grow the capacity of our community to sustain itself through personal and organizational development and volunteer program management.
- Inform our community of volunteer-related growth opportunities by resource services including by public access database.
- Value and promote volunteers and volunteerism in our community.
- Engage individuals, organizations, businesses and others to provide forums for cross-sector collaboration.
Our Society’s Registered Mission
- To operate as a non-profit society, for the development of public interest in volunteerism including to encourage voluntary citizen participation in health, welfare, recreation, educational, cultural and civic programs.
- To provide a central unit for recruitment, registration and placement of volunteers in such programs.
- To encourage community services to use volunteers and to maintain high standards in their use of volunteers.
- To participate with any person, organization or authority in any arrangement, activity, or project which will, in the opinion of the Directors or the Members of the the Society, broaden volunteerism.
- To render assistance to organizations which contribute to the aims of the Squamish Volunteer Centre Society and which fall within the definition of qualified donees pursuant to the Income Tax Act.
To contact the Squamish Volunteer Centre directly e-mail email@example.com or call the Hotspot’s main line at 604 815 4142.